Borough Approves $2.46M Budget for 2013
The average borough household will continue to pay about $360 a year for municipal services.
Newtown Borough Council on Tuesday approved a $2.46 million budget for 2013.
The budget keeps taxes flat for borough residents. The average borough household will continue to pay about $360 a year for municipal services.
The budget includes the following expenditures:
- General fund: $1,599,613
- Lighting fund: $48,401
- Fire tax fund: $83,519
- Street improvement fund: $91,499
- Ambulance fund: $10,430
- Capital expense/reserve fund: $60,515
- Capital traffic/lighting fund: $34,535
- Operating reserve fund: $390,445
- Grants fund: $5,000
- Motor license/liquid fuels: $152,770
- Recreation fund: $4,760