Did you wait until the last minute to find a surprise for your valentine? Don’t worry, there’s still a lot you can do to make this day of love a special one. Here are five ideas:
- Flowers (duh!): It’s no secret that flowers are a no-brainer for Valentine’s Day. Local florists in Newtown include Rhodes, Clark’s and Newtown Floral Company. If you’re running around literally last minute, Genuardi’s and Acme also have flower departments but expect they may be picked over by the early evening hours.
- Chocolate (another duh!): Roses and chocolates are the symbolic Valentine’s Day treats. For succulent, locally-made chocolates, check out Newtown Chocolatier.
- Cupcakes: If your sweetie isn’t much of a chocolate lover, why not surprise them with a cupcake? Felix’s Caketeria has a variety of creative and delicious cakes, including chocolate peanut butter, chocolate raspberry, oreo and bananas foster. Stop by the store to find out what today’s flavors are. The store is open until 6 p.m.
- Theatre: Forget the sweets, maybe you and your valentine would rather go out for some entertainment. Newtown Arts Company will perform “The Pink Panther Strikes Again” at Newtown Theatre tonight at 7:30 p.m. Tickets start at $16.
- Wine: Maybe your valentine prefers rosé over roses. Then surprise them with a bottle of local wine. Crossing Vineyards is open until 6 p.m.