The lights came on for many Newtown residents Wednesday but thousands in the area are still without power due to Hurricane Sandy.
As of Wednesday night, PECO reported there were less than 3,500 customers in the township without power and as many as 1,500 in the borough without electricity.
But for many, power came back Wednesday night, including for residents in Newtown Grant and Newtown Walk.
According to State Rep. Steve Santarsiero, PECO is estimating they will have 90 percent of outages in Newtown back online by Friday. The remaining 10 percent will be completed over the weekend, he said. "Hopefully there will be restorations sooner than that," he added.
Santarsiero added PECO has brought in crews from out of state to complete the restoration process.
Did you get power back? Tell us in the comments.