Top 5 Reasons to Love Bucks County in the Spring
Bucks County kicks off the tourism season with a blockbuster exhibit, festivals and outdoor fun! Follow along as I give you the “Top 5 Reasons to Love Bucks County in the Spring”:
- When a piece of Italy lands in Bucks County… the excitement is hard to contain! Beginning tomorrow, the James A. Michener Art Museum will be one of four museums in the country to host paintings and tapestries from the Uffizi Gallery. “Offering of the Angels: Treasures from the Uffizi Gallery” exhibit will feature art created between the 15th and 17th century by legendary artists such as Botticelli, Tintoretto and Titian through August 10.
- Re-live your childhood at Sesame Place! On April 28, Sesame will kick-off a season of whirling rides and water slides as they debut their brand new show in Abby’s Paradise Theater. Be sure to join your favorite furry friends along the parade route at 10am.
- Who doesn’t love fresh strawberries! Head to the grounds of Peddler’s Village for their annual Strawberry Festival on May 5- 6. Nosh on this favorite spring fruit baked in various forms, including jams, fritters, shortcakes and even dipped in chocolate.
- Grab a picnic and the one you love and get outdoors! Horseback ride, hike and bike through Bucks County’s 500 miles of trails. Take in the natural landscapes of forests, fields and indigenous flowers that make Bucks County a nature lover’s paradise.
- Love beer and history? The 2nd Annual Washington Crossing Brewfest serves up beer tastings, local food and live music on May 12. More than 40 breweries will showcase their goods to help the Friends of Washington Crossing Park continue operating the park and hosting educational events.
For a complete list of events, check out www.VisitBucksCounty.com/Events