There’s nothing quite like a heartwarming movie to get you in the holiday spirit.
And thanks to a classic movie series that continues Saturday, holiday cheer will abound at the Newtown Theatre.
The series features award-winning classic holiday movies that will be screened Saturdays until Christmas.
But it’s not just the films that are in line with the Christmas spirit; the series also supports a food drive for the Penndel Food Pantry.
The series, sponsored by area businesses, began November 24 with “Miracle on 34th Street.”
- This Saturday, “The Polar Express” will be screened at 10 a.m. This week’s movie is sponsored by Newtown Arts Company.
- On Dec. 8 at 10 a.m., Haines Fire & Risk is sponsoring a screening of “A Christmas Story.”
- On Dec. 15, “The Grinch” will be screened at 10 a.m. “The Grinch” is sponsored by Acting Naturally.
- On Dec. 22, there will be a showing of “It’s a Wonderful Life” at 10 a.m., sponsored by TSG Creations.
- Another showing of “It’s a Wonderful Life” will happen again on Dec. 23 at 1 p.m. A sponsor is still needed for the Dec. 23 show.
Admission to all shows is $2 or a donation of four cans of nonperishable food items for the Penndel Food Pantry. If you can’t make the movies but want to support the charitable effort, donations to the Holiday Food Drive may be dropped off at the Newtown Theatre at any time during December.
For information about the Christmas movie series or to become a sponsor, visit www.newtowntheatre.com or call 215-968-3859