Newtown Chamber Orchestra is preparing for its 24th concert season, which begins Oct. 13 with “Autumn Strings.”
The performance will begin at 7 p.m. at the Lutheran Church of God’s Love, 791 Newtown-Yardley Road.
It will feature the following songs:
- Lyric For Strings by Walker
- Sinfonie No. 5 in B flat Major by Mendelssohn
- Simple Symphony (1913) by Britten
- Autumn, Winter Concerti from "The Four Seasons" by Vivaldi (Mialtin Zhezha, on violin)
- Symphony for Strings in E minor by Verdi
The third and final concert in the 2013-2014 season, “A Night at The Opera & More!,” will be held March 30. All concerts are held at the Lutheran Church of God’s Love. Russell W. Hoffmann will conduct all three performances.
The Newtown Chamber Orchestra is a non-profit organization. Individual concert tickets are $25 for adults; $20 for seniors. Children are free. A season ticket, good for all three concerts, is $60 for adults and $45 for seniors.
Complimentary refreshments are served at all concerts.
Click here for more information or to reserve tickets.