Forget the calendar.
Or the fact that school may have started.
We know when fall is here: when pumpkin flavored drinks, ice creams and desserts fill the menus of area eateries.
Of course, Starbucks has its famous Pumpkin Spice latte. But the mouthwatering fall offerings go much beyond that around Newtown.
We asked local residents and checked out area menus to find out where you could get your hands on bite of autumn. And when you do, that’s when fall is officially here.
- Goodnoe Farm Dairy Bar and Shady Brook Farm have pumpkin ice cream.
- Great Harvest Bread Company is offering a pumpkin cinnamon chip bread.
- Sweet Pea is offering pumpkin pie and maple walnut ice cream. The ice cream and coffee shop also has pumpkin lattes.
- Isaac Newton's has a variety of pumpkin ales available. On Oct. 19, the restaurant is hosting a Pumpkinfest event with more than 10 pumpkin beers on draft.
- Pat's Colonial Kitchen is serving pumpkin pecan pancakes. Call ahead for availability.
- Sycamore Grill is serving a cinnamon apple martini.
- Rita’s Water Ice has a pumpkin cheesecake flavor.
Did we miss an important item of pumpkin deliciousness? Share it in the comments!