If you've been putting off starting your holiday shopping, delay no more. Tonight is Midnight Madness in Newtown.
Newtown Borough shops will be offering special deals, refreshments and giveaways during the annual Midnight Madness event. State Street businesses, including restaurants, retailers and even real estate agencies and will stay open late and offer discounts.
Here's a list of participating businesses and what sorts of specials and giveaways they'll be offering patrons:
- The Pro Shop of Newtown will be open until midnight and will offer 20 percent off all Council Rock merchandise, $10 boys clothes, 30 to 70 percent off selected merchandise beginning at 5 p.m. All men's clothes will be 20 percent off. Sales will increase as the night goes on.
- From 6 p.m. until midnight, Newtown Book & Record will offer 10 percent off all music (new and used) and 20 percent off all books. Plus, there will be samples of homemade cookies.
- Newtown Bike Shop will offer a free $25 gift card for every bike purchased and/or 20 percent off any one accessory.
- Newtown Hardware House will have hot cider, chocolate covered pretzels, fresh wreaths and pails full of paper whites.
- Carol Richardson of Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors will host an open house with free hot apple cider, candy canes and 2013 calendars. Carol will be there to answer real estate questions. Non-perishable food items will be collected for the Pendell Food Pantry.
- Brick Hotel will offer an extended "Late Night" Happy Hour from 10 p.m. to midnight which will feature $4 house wines, $3 draft beers, $5 house mixed drinks and $8 holiday martinis. All items on the tavern menu will be half off. There will also be complimentary appetizer samples from 10:30 to 11:30 p.m. in the tavern area.
- Temperance House will be offering homemade egg nog for $5.
If you're a Newtown business owner participating in Midnight Madness, add your specials/discounts in the comments section of this article.