Here's a countdown of this week's top stories on Newtown Patch:
5. Greenstraw Smoothies to Open Monday
Greenstraw Smoothies, located on Sycamore Street, will serve smoothies, healthy snacks, fresh fruit juices and more.
4. Veterans Park Fields to Cost $40K to Repair
Township officials say they have to make repairs to the soil and grass at Veterans Park because the contractor for the project has walked away from an unfinished job. The township and the contractor, Adams-Bickel Associates, are currently in litigation over the $2.4 million contract for the park.
3. Lee's Hoagie House Closes
Lee's Hoagie House has closed. According to a sign on the door, the sandwich shop closed after 24 years in Newtown.
2. Zoe's Kitchen Approved for Goodnoe Corner Location
Zoe's Kitchen, a fast-casual concept restaurant, will open at Goodnoe's Corner in the space formerly occupied by Cosi.
1. Steeple View Plans Approved in Newtown Borough
The Newtown Borough Council on Tuesday approved plans for a mixed-use development on South State Street.