Merchants on State Street are still waiting for the power to return as of Thursday at noon.
Justin Kaplan, owner at Palate restaurant, said on Wednesday PECO estimated his restoration time would be that night around 11 p.m. But the power is still off, he said. And PECO's new estimated restoration time is now tonight at 11 p.m.
As of Thursday afternoon, as many as 1,500 Newtown Borough customers are without power, according to data from PECO.
PECO customers in Newtown Township have been a bit luckier. On Tuesday, about 6,500 township customers were without power. Today, PECO is reporting there are less than 1,500 customers in Newtown Township who are still in the dark.
State Rep. Steve Santarsiero told Patch Wednesday that PECO is estimating they will have 90 percent of outages in Newtown back online by Friday. The remaining 10 percent will be completed over the weekend, he said. "Hopefully there will be restorations sooner than that," he added.