Yogasphere, which has always been home to more than just your run-of-the-mill yoga classes, is now expanding its prenatal offerings to include childbirth education services.
The Bliss-Full Bellies program at Yogasphere now includes a six-week childbirth education series called “Reclaim Your Birth.” The class begins Feb. 2 and will integrate information with yoga so participants have a “mindful and peaceful” pregnancy.
“After completing the series, you will have increased strength, flexibility and stamina while feeling more peaceful and prepared to make informed decisions related to your care,” information from Yogasphere said.
Prenatal yoga instructor Carrie Robb said the studio decided to expand its offerings for woman to address all phases and needs of pregnancy. “Over time, we saw a need to expand the prenatal classes to support an ever-growing community, as well as offering a more comprehensive program to address different aspects of pregnancy, including labor and post-natal needs,” Robb said.
According to information from Yogasphere, the six-week Reclaim Your Birth series will cover the following topics:
- The physiology of pregnancy, birth and the postpartum period.
- Prenatal wellness, including nutrition, exercise, holistic modalities, testing options
- Birthing and pain management options
- Coping mechanisms during labor and birth
- Non-medicated pain management techniques, breathing and vocalization
- Cesarean prevention techniques
- The birth plan and how to be flexible and realistic in your expectations.
- The physiologic and emotional aspects of the postpartum period
- Newborn care and breastfeeding basics
Reclaim Your Birth is for people with all levels of yoga experience. It will be held Saturdays at Yogasphere from 3 to 5 p.m. beginning Feb. 2 and going through March 9.
The cost for the series is $280; registration is required by Jan. 30. Register here or contact Yogasphere at 215-579-6130.
Additionally, Yogasphere is offering a two-hour workshop on March 16 that will cover specifics on having a good birth and labor experience. This workshop is designed to be taken in conjunction with the Reclaim Your Birth Education series and prenatal yoga practice, according to the studio.
Full details on Yogasphere's prenatal options can be found on the studio's website by clicking here.