1. It should be a nice day today. Weather.com is calling for temperatures in the lower 80s and sunshine.
2. The Newtown Historic Association is holding a today at 6:30 p.m. The tour begins at the Half Moon Inn on Centre Avenue and Court Street and will feature architecturally significant buildings on Liberty Street and surrounding areas.
3. is hosting its first Movie Under the Stars tonight. Watch Disney’s “Up” outdoors starting at 8:30 p.m. There will be food vendors and ice cream available from OwowCow. The cost to attend is $5 and includes movie admission, a carousel ride and a balloon.
4. Chef Jean Pierre will be signing copies of his first cookbook “From Jean Pierre to You: Lessons from a Master Chef” tonight at the The event begins at 7:30 p.m. and will feature appetizers and wine. The cost of each cookbook is $25; $3 from each sale will be donated to the Newtown Library Company.
5. "Madagascar 3" opens today at the . Showtimes are at 4, 6 and 8 p.m. Click here for details.