Labor Day weekend marks the “unofficial” end of summer. Be sure to get out and about and take advantage of all the summer fun Bucks County has to offer before we “fall” into cooler weather! From fireworks to festivals and concerts, Bucks County has plenty of events and activities to send summer 2012 out in style.
For more Labor Day weekend events and festivities, check out VisitBucksCounty.com/events.
- Don’t miss the Final Friday Night Fireworks of the season in New Hope! This Friday is your last chance to experience the dazzling show that illuminates the sky over the Delaware River every weekend during the summer season.
- Sunny days! Take the kids to Sesame Place one last time for their Labor Day BBQ & Weekend Fireworks. On Sunday, enjoy an outdoor buffet dinner and appearances from all their favorite Sesame Street characters. Then, watch the fireworks show to make your Labor Day festivities truly memorable! For the best view, grab a spot by the park’s front plaza!
- Rock out one last time this summer at Shady Brook Farm’s final Wine Concert in its summer series. Enjoy a glass of Rose Bank Winery wine while grooving along to the pop to piano cover tunes of Hank Ricci.
- On Monday, enjoy the sounds of Frank Sinatra and Big Band music at the 2nd Annual Veterans Square Labor Day Concert and Family Day at Veterans Square Park. The event runs from 1-5 p.m. and includes a craft show, moon bounce, magic show and a DJ with a concert kicking off at 3 p.m. Refreshments will be available for purchase, as well as basket raffles, a silent auction and a 50/50 drawing. The concert is free, but donations are welcome. Don’t forget to bring a chair or blanket!
- Experience traditional Polish culture at the 47th Annual Polish-American Festival at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa. The festival, which begins September 1st and runs through the 9th, features live entertainment, arts & crafts, re-enactments, ethnic foods, midway rides and more. A $10 admission fee includes unlimited entrance to midway rides, stage shows and special events.
- The Town and Country Players Theater will stage a One Act Festival on August 31st and September 1st to give its directors an opportunity to show off their talent and qualify to direct one of their main stage productions. Tickets are only $10!
- Indulge in a summer-themed meal at the Washington House! Take advantage of their Labor Day weekend specials, including red, white and blue margarita flights and festive summer crab dishes. After dinner, catch a show at the Sellersville Theater, right next door to the restaurant.
What are your Bucks County plans for Labor Day weekend? Share your thoughts below in the comments section or on Facebook at: http://Facebook.com/VisitBucksCounty.