Norristown Police are currently searching for 21-year-old Kyree Wells in connection with several shootings in Norristown in recent weeks. Wells is facing firearm-related charges after police executing a search warrant on his home found several guns, ammunition and drug paraphernalia.
According to Norristown Police Detective Lt. Michael Crescitelli, Wells was one of two men involved in an alleged . That shoot out sent a Philadelphia man, to Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia with a gunshot wound to the abdomen. The man's condition is currently unknown.
Wells reportedly told police that he was sitting in a vehicle in the 110 block of West Airy Street on Dec. 21 when he was shot at by the Philadelphia man. He denies having returned fire.
"[Wells] is currently not being charged with the shooting that night," Lt. Crescitelli wrote Norristown Patch in an email. "Nor is he a suspect in the homicide [of Paul Brown.]
Wells also reportedly told police that he was shot at early Wednesday morning in the area of Arch and East Oak streets. According to Lt. Crescitelli, the suspect told police he believed there was a contract on his life relating to the Oct. 20 murder of Ryan Ladson-Singleton. It is still unclear what the nature of the suspect's involvement in that crime might be.
Anyone with information about Wells' whereabouts or the recent shootings should contact the Norristown Police Department at 610-270-0977.
- UPDATE: Authorities ID Christmas Shooting Victim
- Recent Norristown Shootings May Be Connected to Unsolved Homicide
- One Reported Victim in Friday Shootings in Norristown
- Police Investigating Another East End Shooting on Wednesday
- Police Investigating Midnight Shoot Out at Arch and Oak Streets
- Authorities ID Victim in Saturday Morning Shooting on Green Street