Updated at 5:22 p.m. to include likely cause of fire.
The Newtown Fire Association battled a blaze on Pansy Court in Newtown Grant Thursday night.
The fire destroyed a two-story home. No injuries were reported.
Newtown Township Fire Marshal Don Harris said the fire was likely caused by rags soaked in flammable materials that contractors left on the front porch. The rags had apparently been soaked in paint thinner and linseed oil and were stored in a sealed bag, where they later spontaneously combusted, according to information from the Newtown Fire Association.
Lingohocken Fire Company and Northampton Fire Company assisted in fighting the blaze.