Several local police departments are participating in the Drug Enforcement Administration's upcoming Drug Take Back Day this Saturday.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., residents can drop off unwanted prescription medications for safe disposal at various locations.
Participating departments include:
- Newtown Township; drop off at the Administration Building.
- Newtown Borough; drop off at the Newtown Fire Association, 14 Liberty Street.
- Upper Makefield Township; drop off site is the police station, 1076 Eagle Road.
- Northampton Township; drop off site is Richboro Shop N Bag on Second Street Pike
- Yardley Borough; drop off at the police station, 56 S. Main St.
- Lower Makefield Township; drop off at the police station, 1100 Edgewood Rd.
"The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposal, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of these medications," the DEA website states.