.

PECO: Full Power Restoration May Take up to a Week

Hurricane Sandy is the most devastating storm in PECO company history.

Full restoration of power to the Bucks County area may take up to a week to complete, according to PECO.

According to PECO, more than 850,000 customers are without power. That makes it the most damaging storm in the company's history.

As of Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. restoration estimates for the Newtown area were not available. 

State Rep. Steve Santarsiero said he was in touch with PECO on Tuesday afternoon. About half of Newtown Borough is out and 6,500 out of 8,300 customers are without power in Newtown Township, he said.

"Restoration times are being loaded into PECO's automated system, but in general the outlook is not good. PECO currently estimates that they will have 90 percent of the area back up by Friday. They expect to get the remaining 10 percent on line over the weekend," Santarsiero said.

Customers should call 1-800-841-4141 to report a power outage.

Ed B October 30, 2012 at 09:02 PM
Thanks for keeping tabs on this Kara!!
Gerry Couch October 30, 2012 at 09:11 PM
That's ridiculous, who is in front of us in line for repair? Makes one wonder how they allocate resources! Our Political officials should be lobbying on our behalf. What's up?
Ram October 30, 2012 at 09:45 PM
This is horrible how come they are not giving the estimated time to restore also
Anne Marie October 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Any info on Newtown Grant?
Bill October 31, 2012 at 12:35 AM
As of 815. Nothing is in PECO's phone or on line info. The phone system is especially frustrating as it loops you back to reporting the outage again. And checking the number to call when power is restored. If they don't know yet they should have a recording saying that. In newtown grant. Lousy update system even worse outage "map". Have they ever used their system? Only good thing was auto call on how to report and system to do thet.
Brian October 31, 2012 at 01:11 AM
I live in Newtown Grant. Try logging into PECOs website. When I logged in I saw a message in really small type saying they estimate it being restored by 11pm on 11/1.
The Illuminati October 31, 2012 at 01:25 AM
Relax people. There are people much worse off than us. These guys are out around the clock and will be for the next week...And Gerry, Just because we live in Newtown it doesn't make us any more special than someone who lives in Bristol...and frankly those types of attitudes are what give Newtownians a bad name.
The Illuminati October 31, 2012 at 03:51 AM
^ Yeah...crap like this makes me so much more likely to buy your products.
Mark October 31, 2012 at 07:20 AM
Chillax, People. This was a record setting storm and the Folks at Peco and associated rescue and utility services are stretched. Remember last years Halloween storms? Some Ct residents went for 3 weeks without power. We'll all live.
Kim W October 31, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Are you really gonna post an advertisment for your unrelated products here in this forum? Shame on you.
HAHA October 31, 2012 at 02:19 PM
I live in Newtown Grant. Just got off phone with PECO. They said power should be up up 11 PM.
J13 October 31, 2012 at 02:48 PM
I checked the status on line for our account. We live in Newtown Grant. PECO is expecting to have power back around 23:00 today.
Kl October 31, 2012 at 04:14 PM
Newtown grant here too. Online system said 11:50 pm on 11/1.
Joe November 01, 2012 at 12:11 AM
I just checked my peco account for newtown grant and it now says 6pm Saturday and earlier today it said 1:30 pm tomorrow. So outlook does not look promising.
jjoel November 01, 2012 at 01:17 AM
We are lower end and always treated like lower class by peco. Money tslks with them. Havent seen one peco truck in our area!
Joe November 01, 2012 at 02:43 AM
Power finally back in newtown grant. I have no idea why they give eta's on their website. Completely inaccurate information. They apparently just put anything up there to keep people from calling. Not realizing people might make drastic arrangements based on the information they provide. What a system!!!!
TMFCAQ November 02, 2012 at 02:59 AM
Upper Makefield still dark. PECO told us October 31st, 11pm. THEN PECO told us November 1st, 10:00am. NOW Peco tells us November 3rd, 10pm. I know there are people worse off. I get that. But the fact that most of Newtown is up, yet they want UM to wait.....is curious to me. Maybe they know that it's ok, and they can keep getting away with it. In that case, We Citizens deserve this perhaps...if we're not willing to do something about it.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something