.

Warning! - Dog Death Attributed to Trash Skimming

A warning for all dog owners.

I was in my local pet store and saw a picture of a beautiful dog with a warning from its owner. Her beloved cainne passed away last month when she had left briefly and the dog got into her trash and put its head into an empty Sun Chips bag. Unfortunately, the owner returned to find the canine dead. Apparently, it was determined that when it got its head into the chip bag and during the excitement he could not get his head out and suffocated.

Please secure your trash if your dog is a skimmer to keep it safe.

This post is contributed by a community member. The views expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Patch Media Corporation. Everyone is welcome to submit a post to Patch. If you'd like to post a blog, go here to get started.

Pat August 22, 2012 at 06:59 PM
This is so sad! Thank you for sharing this information as it can undoubtedly make pet owners aware of this danger.
RESQMOM August 22, 2012 at 09:13 PM
Your welcome Pat. I have a trash skimming Lab and the thought never occurred to me the dangers lurking in our inside trash cans.
Molly August 22, 2012 at 10:33 PM
what kind of dog?
RESQMOM August 23, 2012 at 11:59 AM
The picture showed a beautiful brindle Pitt/Boxer mix. Just a sad story.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »