Council Rock Education Foundation distributed $35,000 in Innovative Learning Grants to teachers and classrooms throughout the district during a school board meeting last week.
“This event marks a very special milestone,” said Suzanne Wray, the Foundation’s Executive Director. Since its inception in 2007, the foundation has given more than $100,000 in grants to Council Rock schools.
“In order to increase the impact and encourage teachers to really think out of the box the minimum grant amount was increased this year to $5,000” said CREF Board Co-President Allison MacGahan. “As a result, we were able to fund more programs that will impact students across the district, in addition to piloting innovative programs in individual classrooms and schools.”
Superintendent Mark Klein praised the organization. “The Education Foundation has become an important resource in supporting the District’s goal to provide the best possible educational opportunities to our students," he said.
The following projects were awarded grants this year:
- Solar Suitcases for CRSD Elementary Schools, Nicole Lieberman, Susanne Frey, Kim Seabrook, District Wide
- Kids with Heart, Cemantha Giulian, Council ROck High School North
- WeatherBug, Colleen Aubel, Rolling Hills Elementary
- A Blended Classroom, Althea Tomlinson, Council Rock High School North
- Mindful Metacognition, Ellen Wilson, Churchville Elementary
- A View of Council Rock from Above – Aerial Exploration, Joe Warwick, Council Rock High School South
- Green Team Club, Sara Armstrong, Richboro Elementary
- I"Motion: Creating Movies through Art: (Robert H. Winters Memorial Grant), Beth Lynch, District Wide