This week's Wrightstown Farmers Market will be about more than just food. A Wellness Fair is also planned for this Saturday's market and will feature demonstrations, food samples, yoga, live music and more.
The event will be held during regular market hours, which are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Wrightstown Farmers Market is located at the Wrightstown Township Municipal Building Parking Lot, 2203 Second Street Pike.
Here’s what you can expect at the Wellness Fair:
- Chef Matthew McPhelin of Maize Restaurant in Perkasie will provide cooking instruction and free samples of dishes using healthy food products from local farms.
- Greenstraw Smoothies, located in Newtown, will offer free samples of their beverages.
- Medicine in Balance, located in Oxford Valley, will provide free stress reduction mini-workshops and information on holistic medicine.
- Elite Chiropractic, located in Wrightstown, will offer chair massages and information.
- Mini Yoga classes for all ages will be provided at no charge by Kristen Ritter of Nourishing Storm at 10:15 and 11:15.
- The Buddhist Sangha of Yardley will offer demonstrations of the basics of meditation.
- Associates from the Bucks County Community College’s nursing program will provide free blood pressure screenings and body mass index readings.
- Organnon’s Natural Food Market, located in Wrightstown, and Bunn’s Natural Food Store, located in Southampton, will offer samples and information.
- Adrienne Morgado, Reiki practitioner, will provide mini- sessions.
- Relief Acupuncture will offer ear acupuncture.
- Local musicians Hiding From Andy will perform.
The Wrightstown Farmers Market, sponsored by the Bucks County Foodshed Alliance, is a producer-only market with more than 30 vendors. Products include local produce grown using organic practices, meat, dairy and eggs from animals raised on pasture and without hormones or antibiotics.
The market is open every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. until Thanksgiving. Winter mini-markets, complete with locally grown produce, are held on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month from December through April from 10 to 11 a.m.
For more information, visit www.buckscountyfoodshedalliance.org.